CGFNS eCoach Learning Services
CGFNS eCoach Learning Services offers a variety of programs that assist internationally educated health professionals to meet their learning and educational remediation needs. eCoach Learning Services are provided under the CGFNS University. The initial program offered under eCoach Learning Services is the Physical Therapy Remediation Program.
Physical Therapy Remediation Program
The eCoach Learning Services Physical Therapy Remediation Program is designed for internationally educated physical therapists and physical therapist assistants whose education was determined to not be comparable to that of a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant educated in the United States. Applicants in the Program develop, in consultation with a remediation coach, a detailed plan outlining the courses they may take to remediate the educational deficiencies identified on their Coursework Tool Evaluation and Summary Statement. Coursework Tools include the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) Coursework Tool for Foreign-Educated Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants (CWT) and the CGFNS Education Comparability Tool (ECT).
What the Physical Therapy Remediation Program Offers
The Physical Therapy Remediation Program includes:
- Individual consultation with a physical therapist who serves as a remediation coach.
- A review of general education and professional education deficiencies identified in the CWT or ECT.
- Recommendations on how to make-up the deficiencies
- Institutions and examinations that can be used to make-up general education deficiencies
- Institutions and examinations that can be used to make-up professional education deficiencies
- Pre-approval of proposed courses or examinations that, when completed, will be accepted by CGFNS International or ICD when applying for re-evaluation under the same Coursework Tool for licensure or immigration purposes.
- A strategy for completing the identified coursework in a timely manner.
Who Should Order the Physical Therapy Remediation Program?
Physical therapists and physical therapist assistants with deficiencies in meeting licensure or immigration requirements in the United States who need assistance identifying schools and programs to make up those deficiencies.
Benefits of the Physical Therapy Remediation Program
The eCoach Learning Services Physical Therapy Remediation Program offers applicants one-on-one consultation with a physical therapist remediation coach to develop a remediation plan that addresses deficiencies identified through the Coursework Tools (CWT or ECT) used to evaluate their education. The program ensures preapproval of remediation courses for re-evaluation under the same Coursework Tool by the International Consultants of Delaware (ICD) and CGFNS International, Inc.
Role of the Physical Therapy Remediation Coaches
Remediation coaches are experienced and licensed physical therapists in the United States who have knowledge of national and international physical therapy education and have been educated on the use of the Coursework Tools (CWT or ECT).
- The remediation coach will review the applicant’s CWT or ECT and work with the applicant to create a remediation plan that will include recommended courses, schools, programs or examinations (such as CLEP) that the applicant can complete to make up CWT or ECT deficiencies.
- The remediation coach will have the ability to review and approve courses or programs identified by the applicant and supported by course descriptions and/or a syllabus.
Instructions for Accessing the Physical Therapy Remediation Program
Step 1: Purchase the Program
- You purchase the Physical Therapy Remediation Program through an on-line shopping cart system.
- You must agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Program and the Attestation before your electronic purchase is approved. The Terms and Conditions and the Attestation create a contract between you and CGFNS University. Please read the information carefully before accepting the Terms and Conditions and Attestation.
- Upon completed purchase of the Program, you will receive a confirmation email that includes your confirmation number. Please include this confirmation number on all correspondence you send to your remediation coach and, when required, to CGFNS University.
Step 2: Welcome to the Physical Therapy Remediation Program
- Within two (2) business days of placing your order, you will receive an email from the CGFNS University welcoming you to the Physical Therapy Remediation Program and providing contact information for your assigned Physical Therapy remediation coach. The email also will identify the documents that must be submitted to the coach.
- Your remediation coach will be a licensed and experienced physical therapist in the United States who has knowledge of national and international physical therapy education.
Step 3: Submit Your Required Documents to Your Remediation Coach
- You should contact your remediation coach via email and submit your required documents to the coach as soon as possible after receipt of your welcome email.
- You will submit an electronic pdf copy of your Coursework Tool (CWT or ECT) Evaluation and Summary Statement completed by CGFNS International, the International Consultants of Delaware (ICD) or another evaluation organization in your initial email to your remediation coach. CGFNS International or ICD will NOT be able to transfer your Coursework Tool (CWT or ECT) Evaluation and Summary Statement to your designated Physical Therapy Coach on your behalf.
- Please remember to include your confirmation number on all email correspondence with your remediation coach.
Step 4: Meeting Your Remediation Program Coach
- Your remediation coach will contact you via email within two (2) business days of receiving your initial email and required electronic documents (CWT or ECT Evaluation and Summary Statement).
- The remediation coach will discuss your remediation needs with you via email and provide an approximate timeframe for developing your initial remediation plan.
Step 5: Creating Your Remediation Plan
- Your remediation coach will review your submitted documents and determine which courses, programs and schools will meet your remediation needs.
- Via email, you will be provided with the Physical Therapy Remediation Program Worksheet completed by the remediation coach. The coach will review the Worksheet with you via email to determine if the recommended courses, programs and schools are acceptable to you.
- The initial remediation plan will include a list of the general and professional education deficiencies initially identified in your CWT or ECT Evaluation and recommendations for schools, programs, courses and examinations that can be used to remediate these deficiencies.
- You may submit information (course description/syllabus) on alternate courses to replace any listed on the Worksheet via email. The remediation coach will review this information and approve or deny the alternate courses. If the proposed alternate courses are denied, the coach will work with you to investigate more options until the Worksheet is finalized and all proposed coursework is acceptable to you.
- The Physical Therapy Remediation Worksheet must be signed by you and your remediation coach via email within 6 months of purchase of the program. You will receive a notice 30 days prior to Program expiration reminding you that you must complete the Worksheet by the expiration date or apply for an extension. If your Worksheet is not completed and you choose not to apply for an extension, your order will expire.
- If you determine within 30 days following the expiration of your order that you would like to apply for the extension, you may do so and pay the extension fee.
- If you determine that you would like an extension and more than 30 days have passed since your order expired, you will have to reapply for the full Physical Therapy Remediation Program and pay the appropriate fee.
Step 6: Completing the Physical Therapy Remediation Program
- The Remediation Plan is based on the approved Remediation Worksheet. Once you have accepted the Remediation Plan, you will receive a formal copy of the document via email, at which point you have completed the Physical Therapy Remediation Program.
- Once the Remediation Program is concluded, you will apply for and take the courses identified in the Remediation Plan. When all course work is completed, you may apply to ICD for a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant Re-evaluation or to CGFNS International for a VisaScreen® Re-Evaluation. The Physical Therapy Remediation Plan and Worksheet must be included with your re-evaluation application.
Communication with Your Remediation Coach
- All communication between applicant and remediation coach is through email.
- You are limited to three (3) emails to your remediation coach per week.
- Applicants who send an excessive amount of emails per week (more than 5), will be reminded about exceeding the email limit and advised that they may be dropped from the program.
- Applicants who persist with excessive emails will be dropped from the program without a refund.
- $400 – Remediation Program only
- $200 – Additional 6-month extension of Remediation Program
- $200 – Change-plan fee (after sign-off)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)What is the eCoach Learning Services Physical Therapy Remediation Program?
The eCoach Learning Services Physical Therapy Remediation Program offers applicants one-on-one consultation with a physical therapist, who serves as a remediation coach, to develop a remediation plan that addresses deficiencies identified through Coursework Tools used to evaluate your education. Coursework Tools include the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) Coursework Tools for Foreign-Educated Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants (CWT) and the CGFNS Education Comparability Tool (ECT). This Program is open to both physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
How does the Physical Therapy Remediation Program work?
The eCoach Learning Services Physical Therapy Remediation Program provides a detailed plan to make-up any deficiencies identified on your Coursework Tool. This includes:
- Review of general education and professional education deficiencies identified on the Coursework Tool
- Information on how to make-up the deficiencies
- Institutions, courses and examinations to make-up general education deficiencies
- Institutions, courses and examinations to make-up professional education deficiencies
- Pre-approval of proposed course work or examinations that, when completed, will be accepted by CGFNS International or the International Consultants of Delaware (ICD) when applying for re-evaluation of course work for licensure or immigration purposes using the same Coursework Tool.
Working with a Physical Therapy remediation coach, you will develop a plan for academic remediation. The Remediation Plan Worksheet must be complete within 6 months of acceptance into the Program with the coursework occurring thereafter. All communication between the Physical Therapy remediation coach and the applicant is done via email. Applicants are limited to three (3) emails per week.
How does the remediation coach select the courses?
The courses listed on the Physical Therapy Remediation Plan have been carefully researched. The courses must be offered by a regionally-accredited college or university in the United States or accredited/government approved educational institutions outside the United States. Professional education courses must meet the requirements of the Coursework Tool as established by the FSBPT (CWT) or the CGFNS Education Comparability Tool (ECT). On-line or in-classroom courses may be taken as appropriate.
Are courses offered outside the United States accepted in the Physical Therapy Remediation Program?
This depends on a number of factors. Your remediation coach will review any course offered outside the United States and will determine: 1) if the course meets the requirements of the Coursework Tool, and 2) if the school or institution offering the course has the appropriate governmental approval or recognition. If the course meets both requirements, it will be accepted in the Physical Therapy Remediation Program.
ICD or CGFNS International did not do my physical therapy Coursework Tool evaluation. Can I submit an evaluation completed by another evaluation agency?
Yes. CGFNS University will accept physical therapy Coursework Tool evaluations completed by other evaluation agencies.
Will other evaluation agencies accept the courses approved on the eCoach Learning Services Physical Therapy Remediation Program Worksheet?
We cannot guarantee that other evaluation agencies will accept the approved courses on your Remediation Program Worksheet. CGFNS International will accept the approved courses on your Remediation Program Worksheet for VisaScreen® applications and ICD will accept the approved courses on your Physical Therapy Remediation Program Worksheet for physical therapy evaluations under the same Coursework Tool.
How often can I contact my remediation coach?
You can initiate no more than 3 emails per week to your remediation coach. If you send more than 3 emails, your remediation coach will remind you that you are limited to 3 emails. If you continue to send more than 3 emails after the reminder, you may be dropped from the program.
I am a physical therapist assistant (PTA). Can I participate in the Physical Therapy Remediation Program?
Yes. Physical therapist assistants can participate in the Physical Therapy Remediation Program.
Does your Physical Therapy Remediation Program include clinical?
No. Only academic course work is eligible for remediation, not clinical.
Will I be able to get a refund if I am not satisfied with the service?
No. CGFNS University has a no-refund policy.
If I disagree with my initial evaluation, do I contact CGFNS University eCoach Learning Services to appeal the initial evaluation results?
No. If you disagree with your initial evaluation, you must contact the evaluation agency that performed the initial evaluation.
What if requirements for licensure in a particular state change while I am in the process of completing my Physical Therapy Remediation Plan?
Your Remediation Plan will be based on your current PT/PTA evaluation. It is possible that a state may change its licensure requirements, which may or may not affect your re-evaluation.
Note: FSBPT will be launching a new Coursework Tool in 2015, which may impact future evaluations and re-evaluations.
What if I want to change the Remediation Plan after it has been signed off?
Changes to your Physical Therapy Remediation Plan, including changing a course that has been designated in the Plan to another course offered by another educational institution, will incur a $200 change-plan fee as the remediation coach will need to review the requested change to ensure it meets the requirements.
About the CGFNS University
The CGFNS University facilitates organizational and professional learning by creating, distributing and managing knowledge. The University accomplishes CGFNS International’s Mission by conducting wide-ranging research; spearheading leadership and professional development; delivering online learning programs; encouraging business innovation; promoting an organizational culture that values learning; and supporting change management initiatives.